Bank Negara Malaysia was established on 26 January 1959 under the Central Bank of Malaysia Act 1958 (CBA 1958). The CBA 1958 has been repealed by the Central Bank of Malaysia Act 2009 which became effective on 25 November 2009. It is a statutory body wholly owned by the Government of Malaysia with the paid-up capital progressively increased, currently at RM100 million. The Bank reports to the Minister of Finance, Malaysia and keeps the Minister informed of matters pertaining to monetary and financial sector policies.
In line with our new initiatives, we invite suitably qualified candidates especially those with the required competencies to be a Central Banker to have a rewarding career with us as:
Your job scope will be based on your placement in specific departments in the Bank. In general, we looking for condidates who have the following traits :
- High Achievers :Enthusiastic, driven to succeed and willingness to be empowered to deliver superior results
- K-Workers: knowledge and creativity in facing challenges in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Team Spirit : Demonstrate team spirit and innovative leadership
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/ Finance/ Accountancy/ Banking/ Commerce/ Statistics or equivalent with minimum CGPA 3.30 or Second Class Upper
- Credits in BM, BI and Math for SPM
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia and English is essential.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Supervise the development and formulation of a robust quality assurance and Standard of Procedures (S.O.P) frameworks for internal products, incoming and out-going goods, as well as policies and procedural review with the view to achieve operational quality and to promote safe and sound working environment in the Kilang Wang
- To implement and monitor all engraving & workshop measures and its planning with enforcement of S.O.P to ensure the achievement of currency objective of the Bank
- Plan, direct, implement and monitor all activities relating to engraving & workshop activities and to meet production target
- Undertake continuous assessment of the current practices of the Mint to ensure relevance and effectiveness of engraving & workshop activities and of policies
- Liaise with Quality Control Unit in implementing quality’s S.O.P for engraving & workshop activities to maintain its standard
- Conduct ad hoc project related to compatibility between design, engraving and dies’ material
- Conduct continuous guidance in identifying the training and development needs and to keep abreast with developments globally
- Prepare draft response to enquiries/requests for information to highlight weaknesses or control gaps and recommend improvements
- Undertake continuous assessment of the current practices of the Mint to ensure relevance and effectiveness of quality assurance and of policies
- Formulate prudential policies on quality assurance and working environment to ensure its quality, reliability and safety
- Coordinate with standard setting and industry players to achieve mutually reinforcing and cohesive framework based on best practices
- Make recommendation on risk mitigation to further enhance the resilience of non-meeting quality and safety
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering specializing in Metal Fabrication/Tool & Die/Welding / Quality / Mechanical / Manufacturing / Production or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA 3.00.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Credit BM, BI and Maths in SPM
- 2 Full-Time position(s) available.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
Administrative Assistant (Secretarial Role)
- Perform secretarial and administrative duties for the Deputy Director to ensure smooth operation and function of the Department.
- Ensure Deputy Director’s meetings/ appointments with internal/external parties are properly organised and well coordinated.
- Assist in the organisation and preparation of meetings, discussions and briefings involving the Deputy Director with internal/external parties.
- Assist with background/ general information for meetings and handle security clearance and preparation of agenda,materials, equipment and refreshment orders
- To attend to visitors to the Department and entertain general inquiries from both external and internal parties, where applicable.
- Manage telephone calls for the Deputy Director and ensure that messages are accurately recorded and relayed.
- Manage and screen electronic communications ( e-mails, telephone & fax) and maintain Deputy Director’s personal directory effectively.
- Ensure all correspondences are properly E Logged, recorded, maintained and sent out or distributed in/out of the Department in an orderly manner.
- Process and manage all Deputy Director’s correspondences by recording and distributing mails and follow up with assigned staff on deadlines for submission.
- Candidate must possess a Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management and Technology or Secretarial Science from reputable universities or colleges.
- Credit in BM, BI and Math during SPM level.
- Fresh graduates are eligible to apply. 2 or 3 years experience is an added advantage.
- Required skills : Ability to write well with a good command of English.
Bank Negara Malaysia is committed to the continuous career growth of our talents. The rewards we offer include:
- A challenging and rewarding career;
- A competitive basic salary to commensurate with skills and experience;
- Comprehensive medical coverage, insurance and other benefits that are amongst the best;
- Continuous learning opportunity locally and abroad through full scholarship or training program.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Further information and how to apply, please follow :
Jawatan Kosong BNM closing Date 11 September 2012
Posted on : August 11th, 2012