About Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB)
Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) or Malayan Railways Limited is the main rail operator in Peninsular Malaysia. The railway system dates back to the British colonial era, when it was first built to transport tin. Previously known as the Federated Malay States Railways (FMSR) and the Malayan Railway Administration (MRA), Keretapi Tanah Melayu acquired its current name in 1962. The organization was corporatized in 1992, but remains wholly owned by the Malaysian government. Fares are generally reasonable, but the low frequency of the intercity trains does not usually make them competitive with other modes of transportation.
Qualified Malaysian citizens are invited to fill vacancies on the Malayan Railway Limited as follows: –
1. Industrial Hygienist
- To assist department with appropriate safety guidelines and advice to ensure a safe work place in respect of the different job occupation and also review current and proposed method statements and safety plan;
- To investigate occupational health issue and working condition for prevention of occupational disease and industrial health hazard with specific reference to harmful physical agent and toxic substances.
- To carry out appropriate workplace monitoring to determine airborne concentration of dust, harmful gasses & mist, ventilation rate, noise, illumination, vibration and other physical factors at workplace using specific measuring device and testing equipment. To also collect water samples for laboratory analysis.
- To conduct Occupational Health Programmes in Industrial Plant to recognize, control and eliminate occupational health hazard and diseases;
- Collaborate with senior Executive and OSH Manager to conduct OSH Activities like workplace audit / inspection at all depot, stations, yards, level crossing, tunnel bridges and track work to ensure employees safe working condition in compliance to report to DOSH with recommendations to the relevant department;
- To conduct safety training for all department staff, contractors, and any relevant parties pertaining to safety at workplace;
- To assist the OSH executive towards conducting Risk Assessment and to recommend appropriate measures to rectify hazards at work place;
- To collaborate with other IH Practitioners and OSH services to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions at work.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in OSH, Environmental Science or Chemical Engineering from recognized institutions.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably possess competencies recognized by the Department Of Occupational Safety & Health Malaysia (DOSH) i.e. Chemical Health Risk Assessor (CHRA) or Industrial Hygiene Technician.
- Candidates with a distinctive level of HSE functional competencies i.e. Health Risk Assessment (HRA), Occupational Exposure Monitoring, Industrial Hygiene Programme Management, Audit & Review, Industrial Hygiene Regulations & Standards, Incident/Illness Investigation, Physical Stressors, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Industrial Hygiene Emergency Response will be an added advantage.
- Applicants should be a member of Malaysian Industrial Hygienist Association.
- Knowledge of safety requirements, policies and standards. Preferably experienced in ISO 14001:2004, MS1722:2005 and OSHAS 18001:2007.
- Sound knowledge of Railway Operations would be an added advantage.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a complete resume (with references) stating your expected salary together with a recent passport size photograph (non-returnable) not later than 8 October 2012 to the following address. (only short listed candidates will be notified).
Talent Management and Organization Development
(Staff Planning Unit)
Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin
50621 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-22631122 or 22631130
For further detail information about job requirements, responsibilities and to apply online, please refer official source on following link below. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.