Kesihatan dan keselamatan pekerjaan is a field that aims to protect the health, security and welfare of workers. Workplace safety is an important aspect in the organization of the company. It is one of the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1994 of Malaysia to take care about the health and safety of its employees while working at the company. This Act regulated by Jabatan Kesihatan dan Keselamatan Pekerjaan dari Kementerian Sumber Manusia.
Keselamatan Pekerjaan introduced by the Department of Plant and Machinery of the Ministry of Human Resources following the events of Bright sparklers fireworks factory explosion in Sungai Buloh which occurred in 1991. While the occurrence of such event, dozens of workers trapped and held for 26 people killed in the incident.
After 1994, an act was established and given the name of Occupational Health and Safety Act. The department began to enforce this Act and subsequently changed the name of the department to the Department of Occupational Health and Safety.
Occupational Health and Safety Act 1994 was formulated based on six principles, namely:
- Prevention of accidents is part of an important aspect of good management and skills
- The management and employees must work together to ensure the workplace is free of any accidents
- Involvement of top management is a priority in leading the implementation of workplace safety
- Occupational safety and health policy must be developed and known by all employees in the workplace
- Organization and resources to be developed and provided to support to health and safety at work
- Knowledge and best available methods used
Jawatan Kosong Jabatan Keselamatan Dan Kesihatan Pekerjaan Malaysia :
– Penolong Pegawai Teknologi Maklumat
- Malaysian citizen;
- Not less than 18 years;
- Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology recognized by the Government of the Institutions of Higher Learning or equivalent qualification;
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering (Computer) recognized by the Government of the Institutions of Higher Learning or equivalent qualification;
- Credit in Bahasa Malaysia / Malay (including pass Oral Examination) in the Certificate of Education or equivalent qualification recognized by the Government.
How to apply
To anyone who is interested, please send your application to the address below with pictorial resume, copies of relevant certificates and a covering letter stating the position applied for. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Please send your application to :
Jabatan Keselamatan dan Kesihatan Pekerjaan
Aras 4, Blok D3, Kompleks D,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan,
62530 Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya
(u.p: Puan Fathiah binti Imaludden / Encik Johari bin Rahmat)
Further information and how to apply, please follow :
Jawatan Kosong Kesihatan Pekerjaan closing date 31 Mac 2013Posted on : March 25th, 2013